With over 9g of fibre, and more than 2 of your 5 a day, this parsnip mash makes the perfect nutritional side dish!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 300
- 250g parsnip
- 500g potatoes
- 200g cooking apples
- 1 garlic clove
- 10g low fat butter
- 25ml skimmed milk
- Wash, peel and dice the parsnip and potatoes. Peel, core and dice the apple. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Place parsnip & potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple to the pan cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and add the garlic garlic.
- Mash well adding the butter and milk.
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.