Mediterranean New Potato Salad
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 293
- 750g Potatoes, Jersey Royal, New, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 45g Tomato Paste, Sun Dried, Average
- 30ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Mixed Herbs, Average
- 100g Cheese, Feta, Average
- 1oz/28g Olives, Black, Pitted, Average
- 1oz/28g Olives, Green, Pitted, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
1. Prepare the vegetables & cheese: halve and de-seed the peppers, wash the potatoes and rub off any loose skin. Dice the feta
2. Cook the Jersey Royals in boiling water until just tender - about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, grill the peppers, skin side up, until blackened - about 6 - 8 minutes. Cool, then peel them.
4. Mix together the sun-dried tomato paste and lemon juice in a large serving bowl. Drain the cooked potatoes and add them to the bowl whilst they are still warm. Tear the peppers into the bowl, add the mixed herbs and toss everything together gently until coated.
4. When the potatoes have cooled, add the feta cheese and olives, stirring gently to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.
Ideal as an accompanyment to grilled fish or chicken.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.