Mackerel with Soy and Ginger
By the wlr team
Rich in omega 3 oil, this Japanese inspired mackerel recipe is the perfect dish to try if you want something a little different
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 292
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 25g ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 30ml Sake, Rice Wine, Sawanotsuro
- 10g Mirin, Rice Wine, Sweetened, Japanese, Yutaka
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200g fresh mackerel
- Fillet the mackerel (use a VERY sharp knife or buy your fish already filleted).
- Make a marinade using the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, sake, mirin and sugar.
- Place the fish in the marinade and leave to develop for AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill it for about 4 minutes a side.
- Grill the flesh side first, then the skin side. The fish is ready when the skin starts to bubble.
- Serve with Japanese rice (you can add the marinade to the rice towards the end of cooking for added flavour), and some Japanese pickles.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.