Kale and Chorizo Soup
By the wlr team
Looking for different soup recipes? Our kale and chorizo soup is a great Brazillian take on a winter warmer vegetable soup.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 459
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 600g chorizo sausage
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1000g potatoes
- 200g curly kale
- 28ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic. Wash the kale and remove the stems. Peel and dice the potatoes. Thickly slice the sausage.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and sausage over a low heat for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the kale leaves and cover with the stock.
- 4. Simmer for 30 minutes adding more stock to keep everything covered.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
This is very similar to caldo verde, which is understandable, as this is a Brazilian recipe!
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.