Kale Caldo Verde
By the wlr team
Caldo verde is one of many Portuguese recipes that will keep you feeling cosy and warm in the cold months!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 327
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 227g chorizo sausage
- 227g potatoes
- 454g curly kale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Peel and slice the onions, peel the potatoes and cut them into small chunks.
- Remove the "ribs" from the kale, then roll the leaves up lengthwise and slice them into long thing strips.
- Peel and crush the garlic, and slice the chorizo.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then gently sweat the onions, garlic and chorizo slices.
- Remove the chorizo and set aside, then add the potatoes to the pan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft. (Optional: Remove the pan from the heat and blend the contents).
- Return the soup to the pan and add the kale, and the chorizo.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.