Goats Cheese Salad with Blueberry Sauce
A salad with a twist - blueberries! Try out this goats cheese and blueberry salad if you fancy something a little different.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 490
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 3 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 80g blueberries
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 100g mixed green salad
- Peel and roughly chop the shallots, cut the goats cheese into rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and fry until soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, blueberries and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil and reduce the liquid volume by half
- Meanwhile, place a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan over a high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Roll the goats' cheese in the remaining (1 tsp) coarsely ground black pepper and place onto the pan to cook for two minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the mixed herb salad in the centre of the plate. Place the grilled goats' cheese on top and pour over the sauce.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.