Goats Cheese Salad with Blueberry Sauce
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 30 mins | serves 1 | 490 calories per serving
||Extra Virgin Olive Oil
||Freshly Ground Black Pepper
||Mixed Green Salad
- Peel and roughly chop the shallots, cut the goats cheese into rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and fry until soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, blueberries and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil and reduce the liquid volume by half.
- Meanwhile, place a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan over a high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Roll the goats' cheese in the remaining (1tsp) coarsely ground black pepper and place onto the pan to cook for two minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the mixed herb salad in the centre of the plate. Place the grilled goats' cheese on top and pour over the sauce.