If you feel like mixing up your regular dinner, try out this low fat, low calorie stuffed courgette recipe. With over 4 of your 5 a day, there's no better way to end the day!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 378
- 4 courgettes
- 150g rice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 375g lamb mince
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g passata
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp/ black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, Gas Mark 5).
- Cut each courgette in half lengthways and scoop out the centre with a teaspoon, leaving an outside shell about 1cm thick. Chop the flesh and reserve.
- Chop the tomatoes, peel & chop the onion
- Peel & crush the garlic
- Place the courgettes in a shallow oven proof dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for 12–15 minutes until just tender. Drain, allow to stand for 5 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, beaten egg, and pepper to season. Set aside.
- Dry fry the lamb over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the onion and garlic, cook for a further 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Stir in the passata, reserved courgette and rosemary. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10–15 minutes. Stir in the rice mixture and mix together.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the courgette cases and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and crispy on top.
Serve with a crispy green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||4.6|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.