Chickpeas with Mackerel
Rich in omega 3 oil, this mackerel and chickpea dish is a great seasonal recipe.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 517
- 40g sunblush tomatoes
- 1½ tbsps olive oil
- 30g spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tbsp lemon peel
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 2 mackerel fillets
- 2 tbsps fresh basil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, shallow pan.
- Add half a bunch of sliced spring onions, 1 crushed garlic clove, and the zest of 1 lemon, then cook for 2 mins until the onions are tender but still very green.
- Add 1 x 400g can of drained chickpeas, then stir until well coated in the onion mixture. Lightly crush with a potato masher, then add 100ml vegetable stock and the halved sunblush tomatoes. Simmer for 3-4 mins or until the liquid is absorbed, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Season the mackerel fillets on both sides and fry for 3 mins each side, starting on the skin side.
- Add a handful of torn basil and a squeeze of lemon juice to the chickpeas, then season to taste.
To serve, spoon the warm chickpeas onto serving plates, and top with the mackerel fillets.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.