The perfect side dish for a variety of meals, this lovely Cauliflower recipe is sure to keep the whole family happy! Plus, it's less than 300 caloires per serving.. Yes please!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 249
- 450g cauliflower
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 25g margarine
- 50g plain flour
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 75g Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp chives
- Wash and break cauliflower into florets. Cook covered in a small amount of boiling water for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking make the cheese sauce by putting the milk, margarine and flour into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until the sauce blends and thickens.
- Turn the heat to low and cook gently, stirring continuously, for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the mustard, grate the cheddar cheese in and add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
- Turn the grill on to a medium heat.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in a warmed ovenproof dish. Cover with the sauce and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Place under the preheated grill to brown.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chives if required.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.