By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 10 mins | serves 4 | 249 calories per serving
- 450g Cauliflower, Raw, Average
- 50g Flour, Plain, Average
- 600 ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 75 g Cheese, Cheddar, Extra Mature, Average
- 25 g Margarine, Original, Flora*
- 2 Tsp/16g Mustard, Whole Grain, Average
- 1 Tbsp/10g Cheese, Parmesan, Grated, Average
- 5g Chives, Fresh, Average
- Wash and break cauliflower into florets. Cook covered in a small amount of boiling water for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking make the cheese sauce by putting the milk, margarine and flour into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until the sauce blends and thickens.
- Turn the heat to low and cook gently, stirring continuously, for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the mustard, grated cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in a warmed ovenproof dish. Cover with the sauce and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Place under a preheated grill to brown.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chives if required.