Carrot and Orange Soup
With almost 4 of your 5 a day this colourful soup packs a punch!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 27 mins
- Calories: 136
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 600g baby carrots
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 litre water
- 2 oranges
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the onion and carrots, peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and carrots.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrots start to soften and then stir in the orange zest.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and season well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Allow to cool slightly then liquidise until smooth and stir in the orange juice. Reheat to taste.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.