By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Comfort food at its best - this rich pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled and with your choice of topping for an extra decadent pudding.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 295
- 37.5g butter
- 550g fresh blackberries
- 411g peach slices
- 4 tbsps caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tsps lemon juice
- 150g polenta
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsps baking poder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 50g hazelnuts
- 200ml skimmed milk
Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, Gas Mark 5).
- Lightly butter a 1.7 litre ovenproof shallow dish with butter (approx 12g). Drain the peach slices, reserving 5 tbsp juice.
- Spread blackberries and drained peach slices in the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together the caster sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the top of the blackberries and pour over the lemon juice and the reserved juice from the peaches. Bake, uncovered, for 10 mins until the fruit juices begin to run. Remove the dish from the oven and set aside.
- To make the topping, sift the polenta, flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture is the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and hazelnuts and mix well, then stir in the milk to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C (425°F, Gas Mark 7)
Best served hot.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
You can use the tools in WLR to find delicious recipes, or create your own low calorie versions. Simply input your ingredients to find out how many calories per serving . . . Try the Tools Free