If you want a quick dessert idea then our recipe for blackberry pancakes is a berry nice idea!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 36 mins
- Calories: 290
- 2 eggs
- 500ml buttermilk
- 1 tspbaking soda
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsps white sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 50g butter
- 230g blackberries
- 12 pumps sunflower oil spray
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy then beat in buttermilk and baking soda.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to egg mixture, beating well to make a thin batter.
- Stir in the butter and add the blackberries.
- Heat a griddle pan or heavy based frying pan until hot and spray with 1 - 2 sprays of cooking oil.
- Add large spoon-fulls of mixture to the pan (to make pancakes about 4-5 ins across), then cook until golden brown, turning once.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
You can use the tools in WLR to find delicious recipes, or create your own low calorie versions. Simply input your ingredients to find out how many calories per serving . . . Try the Tools Free