Black Eyed Bean Stew
by wlr member, susi-red
- 450g Potatoes, New, Baby, Average
- 300g Beans, Black Eyed, No Added Salt, Sainsbury's
- 408g Squash, Acorn, Raw, Average
- 72g Onions, Raw, Average
- 100ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 1 Can/400g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Napolina
- 1 Serving/28g Peppers, Chilli, Red, Raw, Tesco
- 1oz/28g Curry Paste, Medium, Sharwood's
- Chop the New potatoes in to small chunks.
- Pop in a pan together with all of the other ingredients but the squash.
- Bring to boil uncovered and then simmer for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, cut ths squash in to small portions and add to the stew.
- Cook until the squash is tender.
- For a thicker sauce take a couple of ladles and puree in a blender.
- Once you have mixed back in it will automatically thicken.
- Serve with toasted pitta bread for an ideal lunch or supper.
This recipe adapted from Ainsley Harriots Low fat meals (an excellent book).
Really yummy and very filling.