Baked Potatoes with Chicken, Bacon & Onion
Prep time 95 | serves 2 | 564 calories per serving
- 2 Med Size/500g Potatoes, Baking, Raw, Average
- 10 ml Oil, Vegetable, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 4 Rasher/100g Bacon, Back, Smoked, Average
- 1 Breast/220g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless, Free Range, Fresh, Raw, Tesco*
- 1oz/28g Margarine, Light, Flora*
- Pre-heat oven to 200oc/400of.
- Prick potatoes with a folk.
- Cover the potatoes with the oil, this will help to give them a lovely crispy skin when cooked.
- Place the potatoes staight onto the oven shelf and cook for 1 hour 10 mins or longer if large potatoes.
- 20 minutes before the potatoes are due to be done finely dice the onion, cut the bacon into width ways into slices and cut the chicken into roughly 1cm portions.
- Heat a pan on the hob and when hot add the onion and bacon, stiring continuously to prevent it from sticking.
- Once the bacon has browned add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- To test potato is cooked throughly simply prick with a folk again and if resistance is felt pop back in the oven for a little longer.
- Once potatoes are cooked remove from the oven and cut a cross in the top.
- Put half the margarine in each potato and then pile on the mixture from the pan along with any juices that remain.
Serving suggestion: Serve with fresh baby spinach