Baked Potatoes with Baked Beans & Cheese
By the wlr teamShare
A simple but classic lunch that's filling, cheap and delicious!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 522
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 2 x 250g baking potatoes
- 1 x 400g can baked beans, reduced sugar & salt
- 60g Cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 200oc/400of
- Prick potatoes with a folk
- Cover the potatoes with the oil, this will help to give them a lovely crispy skin when cooked
- Place the potatoes staight onto the oven shelf and cook for 1 hour 10 mins or longer if large potatoes
- About 10 minutes before the potatoes are due to be done, start on the beans. To get that mushy beans feel that you get in cafes put the beans on the hob on high, then when they start to boil turn then down to simmer and stir like crazy until they begin to thicken.
- Turn the beans down further to keep warm, stiring occassionally and grate the cheese
- To test potato is cooked throughly simply prick with a folk again and if any reststance is felt pop back in the oven for a little longer
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut a cross in the top to open them up.
- Put half of the cheese onto the potatoes, then the beans, and then the rest of the cheese (this way you get cheese for all your jacket not just the top!)
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.