Bacon & Cauliflower Soup
Why not try something a little different with this bacon and cauliflower soup? This recipe serves four, so is great for the family or to batch cook and enjoy throughout the week!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 272
- 450g cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 125g lean bacon
- 3 x 250g baking potatoes
- 25g reduced fat butter
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Peel and chop the onion. Cut the bacon into small strips, peel and dice the potato, break the cauliflower into florets.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized non-stick pan, add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add the bacon to the butter along with the potatoes and cauliflower florets.
- Make up 1 litre of stock and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently on a low heat for about 25 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly, stir in parsley if desired and serve (1 tbsp parsely = 1 cal).
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.