Asparagus with Chicken & Rice Salad
To keep you fuller for longer, this high protein salad makes the perfect lunch.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 459
- 225g asparagus
- 225g basmati rice
- 3 tsps fresh chives
- 25g sultanas
- 100g onions
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp/ orange peel
- 225g fromage frais
- 4 chicken breast
- Clean the asparagus, trim any white ends and peel with a vegetable peeler if necessary. Put on a pan of water to boil.
- In a seperate pan, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet, then drain, rinse with boiling water from the kettle and cover with a tea towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside
- Toss the chives, sultanas and two thirds of the red onion together.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, add the remaining onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir over the heat for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, 100mls water, bring to the boil and add the orange zest. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to half.
- While the sauce reduces, steam or boil the asparagus for 3-6 minutes until al dente.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange with the asparagus on serving plates.
- Toss the rice, herbs and vegetables together.
- Mix the curry sauce into the fromage frais and season to taste. Stir the dressing to the rice and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the rice to the plate and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.