Walking for Weight Loss with Walkfit
British Military Fitness, the UK’s largest outdoor fitness provider, has launched a new type of class in eight venues throughout London.
Walkfit with British Military Fitness (BMF) is a new, fun way to get healthy outdoors and lose weight by walking in your local park. Led by BMF’s highly trained fitness instructors the class will keep you interested with constant variety, achievable challenges and personal encouragement.
“Many people I’ve spoken to, like to go for a walk but wouldn’t necessarily do it by themselves. Our classes will ensure that the members are with like-minded people and will be encouraged to chat and socialise while they exercise,” comments Major (retired) Robin Cope, Managing Director at BMF.
How Walkfit can help weight loss by walking
Walkfit classes will last for one hour and promise to increase your heart rate, use your muscles and improve your mobility. The BMF instructors will carefully guide you through the activities and exercises of the class, making sure that you work to a level which is right for you. They will encourage and motivate the participants throughout the class so they are fun and sociable and you’ll wonder where the time goes. It’s a whole new type of social fitness - feeling healthier, having fun and making friends while walking for weight loss.
“We recognised the need for an outdoor exercise class that appealed to a broader audience, focusing on our common goal of getting more people active. We’ve made the classes for everyone, so even if you’re returning to exercise after children, injury or illness, the low intensity class is perfect for you. It’s a totally different experience to a gym or other fitness classes and I can guarantee that you won’t be asked to drop and give me twenty!” says Robin.
Where can you start walking to lose weight?
Walkfit classes are fun, friendly, effective and great for meeting people in your local area.
The launch will see classes starting in:
- Bushy Park
- Hyde Park
To find your nearest Walkfit class or to try a FREE introductory class, visit www.walkfit.co.uk
Why Walkfit for weight loss?
- Walkfit is a new, fun way to get healthy outdoors in your local park, led by highly trained fitness instructors.
- Classes are designed for all abilities and are taken by highly trained professional instructors who will carefully guide you through the activities and exercises. The class is low impact and low intensity exercise.
- Walkfit classes will run in the following locations: Battersea, Wandsworth, Dulwich, Peckham, Bushy Park, Hyde Park, Finsbury and Cheam. Walkfit will be looking to expand classes across the UK in early 2011.
- British Military Fitness (BMF), founded in 1999 by Major Robin Cope as an alternative form of fitness training to gyms. Like Walkfit, BMF classes last one hour and are taken by serving or ex-armed forces physical training instructors. The basic principles are the same as Walkfit – motivational instructors, a sense of fun, strong group dynamic and use of the great outdoors.
- BMF has over 17,000 members training in over 100 parks across the UK. For more information visit www.britmilfit.com
What will Walkfit cost me?
Walkfit payment options:
- one class a week is £30 per month,
- unlimited classes per week is £40 per month
- session blocks of 3 and 5 classes are £8.50 each
- There is also an over 60/under 21 rate and partner rate of membership.
- More information on prices can be found at www.walkfit.co.uk
Track your diet and training using the tools and databases in Weight Loss Resources. You can keep online food and exercise diaries, make sure your diet is healthy and energy balanced. Try it free for 24 hours.