Why is Exercise Important?
Exercise is important to ensure that your body is strong and healthy enough meet the challenges that you set for it.
Exercise has a multitude of positive effects on your body, including:
- Improved heart and lung efficiency, reducing your chances of developing heart disease.
- Increased metabolic function, enabling you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Strong joints and muscles, so you can meet the demands of daily life.
- Maintenance of posture and flexibility, to keep you walking tall.
- Production of endorphins in your brain, promoting a sense of well being.
- There is also research emerging that indicates that exercise can increase brain function.
Doing regular exercise improves your overall level of health, fitness and wellbeing. See our infographic 55 Facts to Boost your Exercise Motivation for more about what exercise can do for you.
If you want a healthy body then it needs to be maintained. If you don’t maintain your car, there is an increased possibility that it will stop working. Similarly, if you don’t exercise your body, it will slowly stop working the way that you want it to.
Taking regular exercising will help you to maintain your health, strength, flexibility, balance and coordination. To stay healthy be active.
More Exercise Questions and Answers:
Easy Beginners Exercise Plan
WLR's Take 5 Exercise Plan is designed to be done at home with minimal equipment.
You can use the exercise diary, database and tools in WLR to create and follow an exercise plan, and find out how many calories you burn. Try it free.