Success Story: Gillian
|Current Weight||8st 12lbs|
|Weight Lost||3st 2lbs|
|Working to Rate of Loss||2lbs per week|
I’ve tried everything from fad diets like the grapefruit diet to Atkins and back with little or no success.
Have you lost weight before and regained the weight?
No and hopefully that doesn’t become the case after my newfound success at Weight Loss Resources.
I put on weight when I settled down with my partner after leaving University. Before that I had always been reasonably slim.
How being overweight has affected you…
I didn’t really notice any of my friend’s perception of me change but when I gained weight it killed the little self-confidence I had.
"Losing that made me quite an introverted person and I became reluctant to go out especially if I knew the company I was going to be in was with slimmer people."
Before I lost weight I desperately tried to avoid going on holiday because the thought of having to let my friends see me in a bikini reduced me to tears.
Motivation to Diet
To be honest I woke up one day and just decided that enough was enough.
I had been slim before and I knew I was capable of losing the weight and once I joined WLR and started losing weight I knew that I would be able to see it through.
"The more weight I lost the better I began to feel and then my motivation to continue was not letting myself down by sliding back into the old habits."
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
I discovered it completely by accident one day when I was looking for a calorie counting resource online.
I had a look around the site and thought I had nothing to lose by signing up for a month and seeing how things went.
I think it’s the best thing that could ever have happened to me!
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
The site has helped in loads of ways. It taught me that you really need to be honest in your food diary you are only cheating yourself by lying.
Also it’s the only site or diet that I’ve ever come across that actually encourages you to use your calories to eat things you like, as long as you have accounted for them.
"You’d be surprised how much more upbeat you feel about things when you can have that favourite packet of crisps or biscuit you really wanted."
Also the members forum is great. Everyone falls of the diet path but all the great people on the boards help you realise that it’s just one day and you pick up and start again without letting it ruin the hard work you’ve already put in.
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
I used my food diary religiously and when things were bad or I felt scared that I might be about to binge out and ruin a day then the boards were always a great support.
Gillian's Dieting Tips
- Really take advantage of the food diary. It’s not the end of the world if you are slightly over one day, as long as you make it up the next day or so.
- Also fill in your exercise diary; those calories are brilliant especially if you need to keep some for a night out or a meal etc.
- Be honest with yourself and realise that bad days will happen, but a couple of bad days don’t need to ruin a diet.
- Use the boards for any support needed. There is always someone out there who has already been there and done it with whatever problem you have.
- And most importantly only ever lose weight for yourself. Trying to lose weight because you feel obliged to for someone else never works!
I truly believe that if you set your mind to it anyone can lose weight with the help of WLR.
By setting yourself small milestones rather than far away targets you feel rewarded for your hard work at regular intervals.
It’s much easier to concentrate on losing the first stone of the 3 you need to, rather than trying to attack the 3 stone as a whole.
The Weight Loss Resources tools can help you break the yo-yo dieting cycle. Keeping an online food diary and learning about eating healthily really puts you in control. You can try it free for 24 hours.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.