Success Story: Becky
|Start Weight||14st 5lbs|
|Current Weight||10st 12lbs|
|Weight Lost||3st 7lbs|
Weight Watchers:- Good diet but if I had a bad week I would miss the meeting because I couldn’t bear for the leader to tell me I had put on weight!
Then I wouldn’t go to the next meeting or the next and I would stop.
Have you Lost Weight Before and Regained the Weight?
I have lost some weight before and then regained it because of pregnancy. I don’t think I have ever really re-educated my eating habits until now.
How Being Overweight has Affected you…
I have developed a bad back which I think is mainly due to being overweight.
I used to feel very hot and sweaty in the summer.
"I used to feel invisible especially in clothes shops."
I used to dread seeing old friends I knew before I put on weight.
Motivation to Diet
I want to look my age not middle aged! I want to be able to buy fashionable clothes and look good in them.
"I want to be able to keep up with my four young boys."
For health reasons – my back, my heart. My Mum had a heart attack at 55 years old.
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
I read someone’s success story in a magazine.
My gym gave me 6 weeks membership. I tried it out and loved it.
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
The site is helping me keep motivated. Filling in my food diary makes me think about everything I am eating.
I am constantly trying to increase the amount of fruit and vegetables and fibre in my diet.
It is also encouraging me to exercise to earn extra calories.
"I feel healthier now than ever before."
The message boards are great too.
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
I use everything on the site! I keep finding new parts and information!
Becky's Dieting Tips
- Always fill in your food diary, especially if you know it was a bad day. It is never as bad as you think and it keeps you on track.
- Try cooking new recipes. It keeps the calories in check and you can always put loads of vegetables in your own cooking.
- Don’t be discouraged if you stay the same sometimes. If you stick to your calorie quota you will lose the weight.
- Weight Loss Resources is great if you have special dietary requirements eg allergy, vegan etc. There is no set eating plan.
Lots of people have achieved their weight loss success using the tools, information and support that WLR has to offer. But don't take our word for it – take free trial and see for yourself.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.