Delivered Diet Food: The Natural Ketosis Company (Go Lower)
By WLR's Site Manager, Laurence Beeken
The Natural Ketosis Company (previously Go Lower) is an online diet delivery site that provides high protein and low carbohydrate meals delivered to you in a hamper every 2 weeks.
Claiming to be the experts in high protein, low carb diets, The Natural Ketosis Company (Go Lower) aim to deliver premade weight loss meals which are cost effective.
Cost depends on the plan you choose but ranges between £2.50 and £11.43 a day.
The plans you can choose from are:
- Super Low Carb Plan - £260 for 28 days. £9.29 a day
- Under 20g of carbs a day. Choose 28 breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks
- 28 Day Intermittent Fasting Plan - £245 for 28 days. £8.75 a day
- Ultimate fat burn. Choose 28 lunches, dinners and 4 snacks. No breakfast with this plan
- Breakfast, Snack & Treat Pack - £70 for 28 days. £2.50 a day
- With recipes for lunches and dinners. Choose 28 breakfasts, 28 snacks and 4 treats. Comes with a recipe book for low carb lunches and dinners
- Low Carb Plan - £260 for 28 days. £9.29 a day
- Average of 50g of carbs a day. Choose 28 breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks with 8 treats
- Luxury Plan - £280 for 28 days. £9.29 a day
- Low carb plan with treats. Choose 28 breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks with 14 treats or puddings
- Protein Plan - £160 for 14 days. £11.43 a day
- Fat burn and muscle build. Choose 14 breakfasts, lunches and dinners with 28 snacks and 7 treats
- KetoKooks Meal Plans - £25 for a plan that lasts 28 days. 89p a day
- Customised meal plan and shopping list
How does Go Lower compare to Weight Loss Resources?
For just £9.95 per month you can use all of the tools and resources available from WLR. You’ll learn how to reduce portions and how to change your eating habits for life. We’ll give you the freedom to make you own choices, lose weight and keep it off.
Why not take a free trial and see how you can lose weight and control your own meals.
The theory is that when you stop eating starch and sugar your body will start to burn excess fat to provide itself with energy - ketosis. There is no need to starve yourself, or replace meals with shakes. The delivered food in the diet does it all for you.
Using a 5 step process, you are encouraged to eat low carbohydrate for life. This is meant to encourage the weight to stay off even after you leave the programme.
- Go lower consultation – the first stage to make sure you are ready. Carried out on a one to one basis (over the phone)
- Go lower fat burn – the next stage prompted by the delivery meals
- Go lower fast inch loss – during this third stage snacks and puddings are introduced.
- Go lower transition – you are encouraged to make your own meals
- Go lower independence – you are encouraged to pick your own lunches and dinners
It is advertised that no exercise is required whilst following the plan to still lose weight.
How many calories am I allowed with Go Lower?
There is no specific calorie quota given, although meals are calorie counted. The plan is essentially a low carb diet.
Go Lower claim that you will also benefit from:
- Great Skin
- More energy
- Improved Sleep
- Improved Cholesterol profile
- Decreased Blood Pressure
|Breakfast||Lunch||Dinner||Snacks||Treats (Only allowed one per week)|
|Seed & Berry Granola||Green Thai Chicken Soup||Sweet Chili Pork||Smokey Bacon Crunch||Chocolate Brazils|
|Seed & Nut Granola||Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup||Slow Cooked Lamb||Coconut Nut Bar||Chocolate Brownie|
|Seed & Berry Granola||Chicken Breton||Creamy Chicken & Tarragon||Raspberry Nut Bar||Chocolate Orange Pudding|
Breakfast is where you get most of the carbs in the diet, and as such they are rather uninteresting. The other meals however do vary, which will help to keep the taste buds interested.
Before joining you can have a free call back option to discuss the site and what it has to offer.
There is a live chat facility on the site and a phone number that you can use Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm and 8am-4pm on Fridays. Alternatively, there are a couple of email addresses, depending on your query, or a form you can submit to request a call back.
Calls are free from a landline, but if using a mobile check your price plan.
No, unlike Weight Loss Resources, there is no free trial.
Following this particular plan could be problematic in the future as it is basically a low carb diet similar to Atkins.
Reducing carbohydrates in your diet entirely is extremely difficult in today’s society. There is the temptation to revert to eating carbs after the diet ends which could mean regaining all of your lost weight.
There are also health risks linked with following these types of diet plans. Having such large quantities of protein especially if you are a sufferer of high blood pressure will put tremendous strain on your kidneys.
Because there is no way to monitor your additional eating, following this delivered food diet allows you to eat the largest quantity of food as it is not calorie controlled. However as all of this food must be meats, eggs or dairy, if you do eat extra it will add largely to the cost.
Extra food is extra money on top of the hefty sum you would already be paying and the items allowed are all expensive.
Go Lower claim that you will lose a stone a month by following their diet delivery programme. That's quite high, but not totally unusual for low carb. The problem is that much of this initial weight loss will be glycogen and water lost from your muscle tissues rather than fat.
Go Lower’s low carb/ketosis diet will result in weight loss as we know from the similar Atkins diet. We also know that maintaining ketosis for any period of time is near impossible, and has associated health issues (plus there’s the bad breath)! The fact that ‘fast’ weight loss is highlighted a number of times throughout the website also rings alarm bells as rapid weight loss is not desirable for the majority of people.
Their ‘no need to exercise’ stance is probably due to the fact that without energy from carbs you would be unable to sustain and form of fitness anyway, so combined with rapid weight loss you may just end up very baggy…
The idea of ‘banning’ or ‘limiting’ carbs makes this diet rather faddy, and more likely to fail after the initial weight loss. Go Lower may claim to ‘re-educate’ you, but the lessons are not on how to eat a balanced diet, which includes carbohydrates.
Ultimately, until more research is done to identify the long-term risks or benefits of low carb diets, it would be best to err on the side of caution. If you still want to give it a go, try it for a couple of weeks at most and then transferring to a longer-term, lower-fat diet that includes a wide range of foods, including carbs!
If you'd like to devise your own diet plan (or use one of ours) why not take a 24hr free trial...
You'll get full access to the UK's largest online calorie and nutrition database, extensive recipes and plans databases, and you can calorie count your own recipes and plans.
You can visit The Natural Ketosis Company website here: https://www.naturalketosis.co.uk/
For more diet food delivery reviews use the links below: