Roasted Vegetable Sauce Recipe
Our roasted vegetable sauce recipe is extremely versatile. Use it with pasta, baked potatoes, meat or fish to make a filling low calorie meal that will fit into any diet!
- Recipe makes: 3 portions
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 267
- 1½ red peppers
- 1½ yellow peppers
- 2½ onions
- 350g courgette
- 300g butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Prepare and chop the peppers, onions, courgette, butternut squash and garlic.
- Place chopped vegetables in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs and mix to coat.
- Transfer to a baking tin and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft and lightly coloured.
- Place the chopped tomatoes in a saucepan, season to taste and heat through.
- Add the roasted vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with cooked pasta twists (50g dried weight) for an extra 265 cals
Taken from our ’Diet on a Budget’ meal plan, which provides info and recipes to help you diet without spending a fortune.
|Fruit & Veg||8.2|
Use WLR’s tools and food database to calorie count your own diet recipes, and add them directly to your food diary. Try it Free for 24 hours.