Healthy Pork and Bean Soup
Our diet soup recipe for a filling pork and bean soup is full of good stuff – protein and slow release carbohydrates which will help you feel fuller for longer. Try our healthy pork and bean soup, and maybe even experiment with different beans or vegetables for a slightly different taste.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 499
- 1 serving soup and broth mix
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 100g roast pork
- ½ x 400g can kidney beans
Put the soup and broth mixture into soak overnight.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, celery, carrot and garlic until soft then add the prepared soup & broth mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, herbs and season to taste.
- Stir in the roast pork and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water if the mixture gets too thick.
Taken from our ’Diet on a Budget’ meal plan, which provides info and recipes to help you diet without spending a fortune.
|Fruit & Veg||4.7|
Use WLR’s tools and food database to calorie count your own diet recipes, and add them directly to your food diary. Try it Free for 24 hours.