Diet Recipes - Healthy Meatloaf
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
A tasty, healthy meatloaf recipe for when you’re on a diet. Full of protein and wonderful flavours, our mouthwatering meatloaf won’t ruin your diet.
Taken from our ’Diet on a Budget’ meal plan, which provides info and recipes to help you diet without spending a fortune. This healthy meatloaf recipe makes enough for 2 portions at 277 calories each.
- 200g Lean Beef mince
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 Medium Egg
- ¼ Onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Mixed herbs
- ½ Med red pepper
- Salt & pepper
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 80g Frozen mixed vegetables, (microwaved)
- 70ml made up gravy
- 120g boiled potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4)
- Mix the breadcrumbs in with the egg, onion, herbs salt, pepper, mustard & Worcester sauce together in a large bowl. Add the mince, a quarter at a time, and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a non stick loaf tin and place into the oven for 1 hour. After ½ hour, remove from the oven and pour out any juices before returning for the remainder of the time.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing & serving with microwaved vegetables and potatoes.
Note: The Day Before
Leave to cool slightly before removing & serving half of the loaf with 80g microwaved frozen mixed vegetables, 120g boiled potatoes and 70ml of made up gravy.
You will need to add the following separately to your diary:
Vegetables, Mixed, Frozen, Average x 1 serving/80g
Gravy Granules, Instant, Made Up, x 1 med serving/70g
Potatoes, boiled, average x 1 serving/120g
The remainder of the loaf can be frozen until needed for another meal.
Use WLR’s tools and food database to calorie count your own diet recipes, and add them directly to your food diary. Try it Free for 24 hours.
Government funded initiative with useful info about cutting down on how much food you waste - helping you spend less.