Diet Pasta Recipes - Homemade Tomato Pasta
A deliciously simple tomato pasta recipe for when you’re on a diet. Pasta can be a filling staple when dieting, and this authentic, homemade tomato pasta is just one pasta dish from our tasty diet recipes.
- Recipe makes: 3 portions
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 134
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1½ x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp sugar
- Peel the vegetables and chop in a food processor or finely by hand
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and add the chopped vegetables and sauté until soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve with wholewheat pasta (100g dry weight).
Taken from our ’Diet on a Budget’ meal plan, which provides info and recipes to help you diet without spending a fortune.
|Fruit & Veg||4.5|
Use WLR’s tools and food database to calorie count your own diet recipes, and add them directly to your food diary. Try it Free for 24 hours.