Diet Chicken Soup
Our diet chicken soup recipe is not only delicious, it’ll help you maximise your chicken to make the food you buy go further.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 445
- 1 serving soup & broth mix
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 100g roast chicken
- Having soaked the soup & broth mixture the night before, rinse and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Peel and chop the onion, celery, carrot and garlic.
- Heat the oil and fry the chopped vegetables until soft then add the prepared soup & broth mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes more
- Add the tomatoes, stock, herbs and season to taste. Stir in the chicken.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water if the mixture gets too thick.
Taken from our ’Diet on a Budget’ meal plan, which provides info and recipes to help you diet without spending a fortune.
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
Use WLR’s tools and food database to calorie count your own diet recipes, and add them directly to your food diary. Try it Free for 24 hours.