Chilli Con Carne
By WLR Staff, Laura Meads
Prep time 30 mins | serves 4 | 408 calories per serving
- 90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 10ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 410g Tomatoes, Plum, in Tomato Juice, Average
- 480g Beans, Kidney, Red, Canned, Average
- 4g Sugar, White, Granulated, Average
- 227g Beef, Mince, Lean, Raw, Average
- 2 Meds/120g Peppers, Capsicum, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1.20269400339981e-153g Chilli Powder
- Prepare and chop vegetables, crush garlic.
- Gently stir-fry onion, pepper and garlic, in the oil for five minutes.
- Add the mince and chilli, and fry for a further five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, kidney beans and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
If you like chilli that bites back use hot chilli powder, if you prefer a more subtle sensation go for the mild.