Jamaican Tuna Steaks & Rice
Prep time 35 mins | serves 4 | 393 calories per serving
- 4 Servings/560g Tuna, Steaks, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 2 Med Stalks/80g Celery, Raw
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- ½ Cube/3g Stock Cubes, Chicken
- 200g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Sauce, Chilli, Hot, Blue Dragon
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Table, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 4 Servings/200g Rice, Wild, Dry Weight, Tesco
- ½ Pint/284.2ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- Put the onion, celery and garlic into a large shallow pan. Add the stock cube and pour in the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the onion and celery are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and chilli sauce and season well. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the tuna steaks, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until fish is cooked. A fork or skewer should be easily inserted into the flesh.
- As the tuna steaks are cooking, boil rice as per packet instructions.
- Serve and enjoy!
TOP TIP - You can also serve this dish with pasta