Jamaican Chicken Stew
Serves 4 | 449 calories per serving
- 2 Meds/360g Onions, Raw, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30g Tomato Puree, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Mixed Spice, Schwartz
- 1 Tsp/1g Thyme, Dried, Ground
- 1 Tsp/1g Marjoram, Dried
- 1 Tsp/1g Sage, Dried, Ground
- 1 Tsp/1g Oregano, Dried, Ground
- 1 Tsp/1g Parsley, Dried
- 45ml Oil, Groundnut, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Table, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 1 Pepper /14g Peppers, Jalapeno, Raw
- 4 Servings/200g Rice, Wild, Dry Weight, Tesco
- ¼ Tsp/0.8g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.8g Nutmeg, Ground, Average
- 4 Servings/400g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- Place the groundnut oil into a medium pot, and fry the chopped onions, and the garlic, on a medium heat, till soft.
- Add the mixed herbs, the ground cinnamon and nutmeg, and the jalapeno pepper, and stir to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomato puree, and keep stirring till the oil separates. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, and lower the heat a bit, cook, stirring from time to time, until the chicken is cooked, and coated with the sauce. Adding water as you need it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- As the chicken is cooking, boil the rice as per packet instructions.
- Serve and enjoy!
TOP TIP - You may also enjoy this dish with pitta bread!