By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 10 mins | serves 4 | 363 calories per serving
- 225g Spinach, Raw, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Ginger, Root, Raw, Pared, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/13g Peppers, Chilli, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Glass/200ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Vegetable, Average
- 2 Leafs/1.8g Bay Leaves, Dried, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 4 Med (-in)s/492g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 2 Tsps/4g Curry Powder, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Table, Average
- 1 Tsp/4g Chilli Powder, Average
- 3 Tbsps/45g Yoghurt, Natural, Low Fat, Average
- 8 Thighs/720g Chicken, Thigh, Meat Only, Raw, Average
- Cook the spinach in a tightly lidded pan for about 5 minutes until done.
- Place the ginger, spinach, garlic, chilli and 2fl oz (50ml) of water into a processor and process until a puree is formed.
- Heat the oil and add the bay leaves and peppercorns and fry for approx 2 minutes, then add the onion and fry over a low heat until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, before adding the curry powder, salt and chilli powder. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the puree and remaining water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt, 1 tbsp at a time, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs to the mixture, cover the pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with plain boiled rice.