By the wlr team
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 54 mins
- Calories: 363
- 22g spinach
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 8 chicken thighs, meat only
- Cook the spinach in a tightly lidded pan for about 5 minutes until done.
- Place the ginger, spinach, garlic, chilli and 2fl oz (50ml) of water into a processor and process until a puree is formed.
- Heat the oil and add the bay leaves and peppercorns and fry for approx 2 minutes, then add the onion and fry over a low heat until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, before adding the curry powder, salt and chilli powder. Stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the puree and remaining water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt, 1 tbsp at a time, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs to the mixture, cover the pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with plain boiled rice.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.