Spicy Orange Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
By the wlr team
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 263
- 3 Med/435g Oranges, Fresh, without Peel, Average
- 3 Tbsps/45ml Sauce, Soy, Reduced Salt, Amoy
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Mirin, Rice Wine, Sweetened, Average
- 5g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 3 Tsps/15ml Oil, Peanut, Average
- 1lb/454g Beef, Steak, Sirloin, Raw, Lean, Average
- 3 Cloves/9g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Tbsps/12g Ginger, Root, Raw, Pared, Average
- 10g Peppers, Chilli, Dried, Whole, Red, Schwartz
- 2Lbs/908g Broccoli, Green, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Cup/160g Noodles, Egg, Cooked, Enriched, Fortified, Average
- 1 Glass/200ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
1. With a small sharp knife or vegetable peeler, carefully cut wide strips of zest from one of the oranges. Cut zest into 1-inch strips and set aside. Squeeze juice from all the oranges into a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice wine and sugar and stir to combine; set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until almost smoking. Add beef and stir-fry just until no longer pink on the outside, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat until very hot. Add garlic, ginger, chiles and the reserved orange zest; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and water. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until the water has evaporated and the broccoli sizzles, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
4. Stir the reserved orange sauce and pour it into the wok. Bring to a boil, stirring; cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add noodles and heat through.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
Check out the WLR Recipe Database for 1000’s of new recipe ideas that won’t break the calorie bank. Try it free for 24 hours.