Mango Chicken Stir Fry
By WLR Staff, Laura Meads
Prep time 20 mins | serves 4 | 199 calories per serving
- 375g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- 7ml Sauce, Soy, Average
- 1g Salt, Table, Average
- 10ml Vinegar, Cider
- 7g Ketchup, Tomato, Average
- 25ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 1 Tsp/5ml Oil, Red Palm & Canola, Carotino
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Capsicum, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Capsicum, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Tbsp/5g Ginger, Ground, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 25g Shallots, Raw, Average
- 2 Mangos/414g Mango, Ripe, Raw, Weighed without Peel & Stone, Flesh Only, Average
- 1 Serving/5g Coriander, Leaves, Fresh, Average
- Combine chicken and marinade ingredients (1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pinch white pepper, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch) and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients (2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 2 tablespoons water) and set aside.
- In non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil and star anise over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken just turns opaque.
- Add peppers, ginger, garlic and shallots and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sauce ingredients and stir to mix until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add mangoes and mix gently for 1 minute until heated through.