Diet and Exercise Plan
Everyone these days seems to want to lose weight quickly. It’s all about cutting calories and watching the weight drop off.
Reality however is that people who lose weight slowly and steadily are more successful at keeping it off in the long term.
The Best Diet and Exercise Plan
The key to successful weight loss is all about burning more calories than you take in. We all know that cutting calories with an effective diet plan can get good results, but you can also boost your weight loss by getting more active.
For the best results on any diet plan, it’s important to find ways to use up more calories through exercise. Experts recommend that you should try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
Increase your calorie allowance through exercise
All forms of exercise have a calorie burn associated with them, and we have records from housework to Zumba to make sure that any form of exercise, no matter how small, is accounted for. After all, it all adds up!
With our extensive record database, you can record the different exercises you do and find out how many calories you burn. This enables you to include your exercise in your weight loss plan and earn more calories for bigger meals or more treats.
Our exercise diary is a great tool for logging your exercise and you can:
- Create fitness plans online and see how many extra calories you can have as part of your program.
- See how many calories you burn doing different exercises.
- Record your exercise as a diary and see how many extra calories you can eat.
- See how many calories you have left as it is fully integrated with our food diary.
- Create exercise plans so it’s easy to add activity in the future.
- Get access to our extensive database which includes sports, gym exercises, general daily activities, exercises from fitness DVD’s and much more.
How can I start an exercise plan with my diet?
You don’t have to go all out and join a gym to get more exercise, indeed many people who are starting their journey feel self conscious and prefer to get active at home. Just being more active in your daily life can have an effect on the amount of calories burned.
Do something that you enjoy. Most fitness experts agree that you’ll have more success sticking to an exercise plan if you enjoy it, plus it’s important to find activities that fit into your lifestyle.
Try to vary your exercise; your body needs to be continuously pushed in order to burn fat and tone muscle. It’s important that you keep pushing yourself and varying your routine. This might mean trying some different cardiovascular machines if you go to the gym, or increasing the intensity of your workout, such as walking for a longer distance in the same amount of time.
Our bodies are designed to be active, and anything that you do will count towards your exercise quota.
Plus, with just a little motivation, it’s easy to get some form of exercise nto your daily routine.
- If your job is office-based you should aim for one extra hour of exercise each day.
- If your job means you stand a lot or move around in a relatively small space, such as hairdressers, shop assistants or security guards, you should take an extra 30 minutes of exercise a day.
- If your job is very active, such as plumbers, cleaners or construction workers, you’re probably already doing enough exercise at work.
- Remember too, that you don’t need to do all that extra activity in one go – or start off with a whole hour. Begin with just 10 minutes a day and build up from there – after all some activity is better than none.
If you want to see for yourself how it works, take a 24 hour free trial and have a play with our Diet and exercise Planner.
WLR has tips and advice for good, healthy diet plans. With guidance from the UK’s top Dietitians, we make losing weight easy. Try it free for 24 hours and choose a good diet plan to help you lose weight for good.