Sara Kirkham BSc
Registered Nutritional Therapist
Sara Kirkham is a registered nutritional therapist, writer and lecturer, and has over 30 years experience helping people to lose weight and improve their health.
She develops and teaches nutrition modules for colleges and universities, has written several published books on weight loss and nutrition, and has had research published in the Journal of Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism.
In addition to a First Class Honours degree in Nutritional Medicine, Sara has a Diploma in Therapeutic Dietetics and a TQFE teaching qualification.
She is a full member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
As well as helping clients to lose weight in her nutritional practice, Sara is a nutritional therapist, adjusting clients’ diets to achieve beneficial changes in health.
You'll find Sara on:
Sara's Career Highlights:
- Winner of Lamberts prize for research article on cinnamon and diabetes
- Developed a number of Nutrition and Physiology courses for various educational institutions including:
- Nutrition Foundation Degree modules for Leeds University
- Nutrition, Health & Fitness Unit DT4W34 for UHI universities/colleges
- Anatomy and Physiology Resource books for UHI universities/colleges
- Anatomy and physiology Re-Useable Learning Object (RLO) for UHI (2010)
- Anatomy/physiology module for BSc. in psychology (UHI), and physiology material for the Higher Human Biology course (SQA)
- Wrote and administered Basic and Advanced Nutrition certifications for the AOGB
- Nutrition lecturer for Technogym Wellness Tours
- Published articles in industry, national magazines and local newspapers
- Developed David Lloyd Leisure nutrition and wellbeing website and contributed to Boots Wellbeing website
- Nutrition consultant for David Lloyd Leisure and Whitbread restaurants
- Created and managed successful weight management programmes
- Cholesterol - The Essential Guide. A five star rated guide for managing cholesterol levels. Details on Amazon
- Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Get Healthy: Teach Yourself. Sara's approach to losing weight based around sensible and sustainable changes. Details on Amazon
- Food for Health - The Essential Guide. Sara's practical advice on how to eat for good health. Details on Amazon
All of Sara's publications can be viewed on her Amazon Author Page.
How Can We Help?
WLR can help you achieve your weight loss goals not only by providing expert, research-backed information - but also by giving you the tools that turn research findings into practical, do-able tactics to help you lose weight for good. Try it free for 24 hours!