Carla van Traa - Personal Trainer (REPS L4)
Carla is Consultant Personal Trainer for wlr
Carla has the experience of being a personal trainer since 1999, along with high level qualifications.
The National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM) are recognised as a world leader in personal training qualifications and in 2009 Carla qualified as a Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist trainer, accrediting her with REPSs Level 4, the highest level achievable.
Carla undertakes regular CPD to ensure she is fully trained in the latest equipment and routines. She is also a fully qualified Pilates teacher.
"My own personal fitness regime in the gym includes rowing and cross training, with work on my leg strength and the all important core work.
I love being out on my mountain bike, and cross country running. I participate in 'Mud Running' events nationwide; a relation to cross country except it involves a lot more mud and water and when I can I combine the two disciplines into off road duathlons.
Away from the world of exercise I love to travel, mainly wildlife based trips, go Scuba diving and I have an allotment to grow my own veggies."
Carla has been working with WLR since 2014 and provides detailed answers to members fitness and exercise questions on the WLR Exercise Expert message board.
- National Association Sports Medicine Personal Trainer
- Pilates Level 3 Mat based Trainer
- Fitness Pilates Back Pain Management
- 3rd Age of Women - Peri Menopause, during and Post Menopause
- Boxercise Trainer
- TRX Suspension Trainer
- Kettle Bell Trainer
- Vipr Trainer
- British Association Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV
- Focus Personal Trainer
- Power Plate Trainer
- Tomahawk Indoor Cycling Trainer
- Focus Senior Fitness Instructor
- Kathryn Cullen Swiss Ball Trainer
- YMCA Circuit Training
- YMCA Resistance Training
- YMCA Cardio-Vascular Machine Training
- YMCA Gym Instructor
- Life Coaching Diploma (Distinction)
- Register of Exercise Professionals Level 4
- First Aid & Defibrillator trained
Carla's Work on WLR:
Exercise Your Abdominals Safely and Effectively Abdominal exercises, especially crunches, can be a bit of a minefield when it comes to safety concerns. Personal Trainer Carla van Traa gives her advice.
Track your exercise and diet with Weight Loss Resources' tools and databases. You can keep online exercise and food diaries, see how many calories you burn and how many you consume. Try it free for 24 hours.