Kes Lost 2 Stone Calorie Counting and She Finally Feels in Control
|Start Weight||11st 9lbs|
|Current Weight||9st 6lb|
|Goal Weight||9st 6lbs|
|Weight Lost||2st 3lbs|
|Working to Rate of Loss||1lb per week|
Only ever calorie counting - usually on my own at home. My mum was always on one diet or another, so from an early age I knew about calories and diet.
I have been between 10 stone and 11½ stone since I was 17.
Whenever I got over 11 stone I would do something about it... but this is the first time I have made it under 10 stone, and have faced the fact that I will have to watch what I eat over the long term.
On Being Overweight…
My confidence is inversely proportional to my weight: the higher my weight; the lower my confidence.
During the periods I was over-eating I would find excuses such as Christmas, New Year, Wedding Anniversary, Birthday - to just eat and ignore the scales going higher and the clothes getting tighter.
The heavier I got the more my confidence would go down and I would start being reluctant to go out.
I am more tired and need more sleep at my heavier weight.
Finding the Motivation
For the last three years, each Summer (when the bikinis come out!) I have been 74kg, gone on a diet, and lost the weight; each Winter I have put it on - but not this year!
Discovering Weight Loss Resources
I saw an advertisement in Slimmer Magazine, logged on and fell in love straight away.
How Weight Loss Resources Helps
There are loads of ways the site helps me:
- Food Diary - I am not good at writing in a notebook, especially looking up and calculating the calories. The site does all the calorie counting for me. It is also very flexible when abroad, as I can break a recipe down and put in the individual ingredients to get a pretty accurate calorie count.
- Exercise = calories! I don't enjoy exercise but when it gives me more calories it somehow seems worth it... Now that I'm back into exercising, it doesn't seem so bad!
- Boards and Chat - Full support 24/7. On the bad days and weeks there is always help and advice from people who really know what it is like. We have had some great laughs in the chat room too!
- The results graph - That line is very inspirational!
The Best of Weight Loss Resources
When losing weight I always use the Food Diary, Exercise Diary, Message Boards/Chat Room and Results.
Now I'm maintaining my target weight I tend to use the boards to try and encourage others.
And the Food Diary occasionally to ensure my weight doesn't creep up again!
Kes' Tips for Losing Weight
- You can eat anything as long as you count it in your diet. I put EVERYTHING into my Food Diary - good and bad! The average usually works out at the end of the week.
- Use the members expertise. Everyone knows it is not easy to lose weight and will be there with encouragement, help and praise.
I have always yo-yo dieted since I was 17. This is the first time I feel in control.
There is no way I can get to a club as I work abroad, but with Weight Loss Resources I have reached my Goal Weight and know I can maintain it for the rest of my life.
The membership fee is a small price to pay.
I still have binges and I still crave chips, etc but can fit these into my healthy eating plan and continue maintaining - thanks to Pat and the team!
You can try the Weight Loss Resources calorie counting diet tools free for 24 hours. Try it free.
* Note: The success stories published on Weight Loss Resources are written by WLR members, past and present, telling their own stories in their own words. As you will see if you read more than one or two of them, everyone's story is different and they have reached their success from a variety of starting points and lost weight at varying rates. Individual results may vary.