Calorie Counting — The Best Way to Lose Weight
According to the British Nutrition Foundation, "To lose weight, the energy intake from food must be less than the energy output"*. This is why calorie counting is the most effective weight loss method. It goes straight to the heart of the problem.
Lose Weight Calorie Counting
Losing weight through calorie counting is relatively easy. You won't have to put normal life on hold while calorie counting. Added benefits are that calorie counting:
- raises your awareness of what your body needs;
- educates you about what's in what you eat,
- and helps you learn how to eat healthily for life.
Starting to Calorie Count
First you'll need to work out how many calories you need each day to maintain your current weight, and how many to lose weight at a rate of 1-2lbs a week.
Next you need to keep track of how many calories are in the foods and drinks you consume each day, to make sure you have a negative calorie balance.
Weight Loss Resources gives you all the tools you need to make calorie counting easy. Plus, our free trial gives you access to all our great tools:
- Daily Calorie Allowance - tailored to you;
- Interactive Goal Setting tool - set a goal that works for you;
- Online Food and Exercise Diary - the easy way to count calories;
- Calorie and Nutrition Database - quickly find how many calories are in the foods and drinks you consume;
- and Exercise Database - see how many extra calories you burn doing the activities you enjoy.
It takes just 2 minutes to get instant access to all our tools.